What Is Marketing Coaching?
The work of marketing coaching is quite varied
and always is customized to the needs of the client, but it often includes helping organizations understand and address:
• What marketing is, why it is needed and what can be expected as a result
• Target audience identification and prioritization
• Establishment of a differentiated
branding is, why it matters and how it can be achieved over time
• Positioning and messaging
• Selection of classical, guerrilla and digital marketing/communications
is reasonable and the first meeting (30 minutes in person or on the phone), which is substantive and not a sales call, is
always free. And unlike some coaches, GL&A is also capable and willing to assist with execution, if desired.
- For a provider
of on-site legal services to middle-market firms without in-house counsel, we recommended a letter writing program to CEOs
followed by phone calls. The initial mailing went to five firms, two of whom became clients. There was no need to execute
the rest of the plan! BTW: GL&A wrote the letter.
- For an interior designer we advised a photo-rich
website to prove the firm’s bona fides to prospects. We managed the project, sourced the web design and wrote the web-site
copy. (See www.nanettewollackdesign.com.)
- Sometimes simple blocking and tackling can make a big difference. For a medium-sized
- We standardized their email signature, turning the thousands of emails sent
each month into a branding activity instead of an expression of cacophony.
- We turned one of many slogans into the single positioning line used everywhere.
- We got them to legally protect slogans and names via trademarking.
- And we obtained thousands in coop advertising dollars from key equipment providers.
- For an industrial
service provider we turned on-hold telephone waits into sales by creating entertaining and informative on-hold scripts (which
we wrote). And we utilized Survey Monkey’s free service to continuously assess customer satisfaction—of course,
GL&A designed the questionnaire.